How to Boost Facebook Posts From Your Business Page.
Promoting your Facebook posts is a quick and relatively cheap way to get more people to see you post. When you promote a post, Facebook places your post into the newsfeed of viewers it thinks would most likely want to see and interact with your post.
Previously, Facebook only allowed you to “promote” your posts. This meant that you could only increase the number of your current fans that would see your post. However, Facebook has done away with the “promote” option and replaced it with the boost post option.
So what’s so great about Boosting a post?
- Boosting a post will help your business expand its reach, bringing in more people to like your page beyond the people who already have.
- Boosting a post also allows for more of your current fans to see your posts as well!
- The Boosting takes minutes, costs very little compared to other advertising techniques and you can target your audience by numerous variables, including: gender, age, location, interests, etc.
Ok, so how do I boost a post?
When you boost a post, you are given a choice of three types of ads. Let’s get started!
1. Create your post and send it out. You will do the boosting AFTER you send out your post.
Just a note about the content for your boosted posts: You will really want to only boost posts that have a specific call to action. For instance, boost posts that promote your products/services, a coupon or deal, or have other measurable calls to action. Don’t promote pictures of your dog… While its cute, its not worth the money…
2. Once your post is sent out, click “Boost Post” on the lower right hand side of the post you want to promote
3. You have two choices when it comes to who will see your posts. You can either choose to only promote it to people who like your page and their friends (Less reach, lower cost) or “People you choose through targeting” (More Reach, Higher cost)
4. If you chose “People you choose through targeting,” Click on the “Add Targeting” dropdown menu. Here you can select your preferences in many different variables, including Age, Location, Gender, and many more.
5. You can then select your preferred budget. Next to each option, the menu then gives you an estimate for how many people your post will reach at that price level.
6. Click “Boost Post” and watch the progress of your post!