How to Claim Your Business On Google Places
Adding your business to Google Places is a great way to help get your business discovered online and drive traffic to your website or even directly into your business! Having you business listed on Google will allow your customers to create/read reviews about your business, publish photos, view your information, and find out where you are located! This is also not to mention that being listed on Google Places will also help you with your SEO, as Google Local is run by, well… Google!
Ok, that’s great and all, but how do i go about getting on Google Places?
The process is actually very easy and doesn’t take any more than ten minutes. Here’s how you do it:
1. Head to Google Places (seems like a good place to start right?)
2. You will need to either sign in with your Google Account (if you use Gmail, you have a Google Account) or create one (It’s Free!)
3. Once you are signed in, go ahead and click “Add New Business.”
4. This will take you to the “Find Your Business Tab.” You will need to search for your business by phone number and name to see if Google already has information about your business.
- Select the country you operate in
- Enter your phone number for your business
- Click “Find Business information.”
Look over the search results, and see if any of them match your business. If you find a match, click on the link and you will be prompted to add more business information on the Edit Details page. However, if you don’t, click the “Add a new listing” link.
5. From there, fill out the basic information about your business. This will include:
- Business Name
- Street Address
- Phone Number
6. Click “Next” to go to the next page. Here you will fill out even more details about your business including:
- Hours of operation
- Payment options
- Additional details
7. Once you have entered in all of the information you want, all you need to do is verify it! There are three ways to do this. You can do it over the phone, with a text message, or Google will email you a postcard with a code on it.
Well, what are you waiting for? Get to it!
What to see how not being on Google might be affecting your business? Sign up below for our Free, No Obligation Website Report Card to find out!