How to Quickly Create a LinkedIn Company Page
Have you created a LinkedIn Company page? It’s actually quite easy. The main thing you need to get started is a personal LinkedIn account and a company email address that you have access to.
Five Easy Steps, Plus One
1. Log in to LinkedIn via your persona account
2. Click “Interests”, then “Companies”
3. On the companies page, click “Create a Company Page”
4. Type in the name of your company and an official company email address ( that you can access)
5. Check your email and follow the instructions sent to you from LinkedIn
Plus One, NOT TOO QUICKLY
6. Complete your company profile information
If you “half-ass” your company profile, your sending the message, “I lack passion and commitment about my company. Why would you ever want to do business with me?”
Remember, be specific. Describe your company. Tell your story. Compel people to want to know more about your products, services, and company.
A few things to pay attention to when you create your company profile.
1. Logo and page image- When someone lands on your page, the first thing they are going to see is your logo and page “image” (similar to Facebook’s profile image and profile photo). Choose images that graphically interesting, easy to identify, and say something about your company, it’s values and mission.
2. Products and services- People want information, NOW! Give it to them because if you don’t they will be checking out your competition in a few quick clicks. Be detailed in your description of your products and services. Additionally, LinkedIn allows you to use images, videos, PDF documents, and slideshows. Let it all out.
3. Customer recommendations- You have the opportunity to include in your page one of the most powerful elements of marketing: SOCIAL PROOF! Don’t skip the customer recommendations.
There. Now you’re done. You did it!
Pat yourself on the back, go grab a Coke, and waste a few minutes on something silly before getting back to being mighty in your business.