Share Your Business, Not Your “Bizness”…
In the business world, there is a fine line between being personal and over-sharing! As a business owner, you are the face and voice of your company, brand, products, services and mission. Often times we see businesses sharing personal judgements, political opinions and rants on their website blogs or social media outlets.
This is a professional NO-NO!
Here are some quick tips to help you stay professional and still create a personal bond with your clients!
5 THINGS to NEVER SHARE:
1. ANGER: Never make angry posts or statements about past clients, other services you’ve used or competition, it just makes you look bad. Instead use testimonials and let your business’ reputation speak for itself.
2. GOSSIP: Unless you are in the business of sharing scandals, stay out of it! Instead, keep your posts to light-hearted topics, share exciting news about your business, community or goals!
3. POLITICS: Lets face it, there are many different views out there, but unless your business is in politics, politics have no business being in your posts. Instead, speak of values, share your experiences, and motivate your clients to be positive role-models in their community.
4. RELATIONSHIPS: If you are fighting with your lover, partners or employees, we don’t want to hear about it. This just makes you look unstable and unworthy to do business with. Instead, share stories of families that work with your business, or write-ups about your staff and share them with your online community.
5. JOKES: Those awkward re-posts of a distasteful joke, images that are defaming to one’s character or posts that are just plain wrong. Avoid them, your business’s online presence is no place for this kind of humor, and you could lose business from offending someone. Instead, share light-heart humor, pics of your animals, funny sayings or quotes of inspiration.